Saturday, September 27, 2008

Patience, Guidance and "40"

Psalm 40:1-3 NIV - " I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord....."

The Lord has heard our cry to return home. He initially led us to Bluffton 11 years ago, and is now bringing us back to Minnesota. These things have all occured in His time and in His way. The blessings we have received, and have been able to impart to others when we have been able to be vessels for His will are beyond our expectations. My hope is that we have been a light in the dark to those needing his grace and mercy during our time here. Nothing good was done because of our actions, but when we were open to His leading, I know on occasion we did make a difference. This has been a time of great joy, sorrow, hurt and healing. We are closer to each other and to our God. As we move forward, we are unsure of what lies ahead, but we will follow His lead and trust His good purpose in and through all things. In Him, Kevin

No comments: