Thursday, June 25, 2009

Birth Family




Last evening Hannah and I took the babies to say good-bye to Rya and Roman's birth family. It was a fabulous evening that left me with so many emotions. I feel so blessed to know these people and to share the bond that we do.

During the visit the babies literally rolled around on the floor with their cousins playing and having a great time. Travis, the babies birth father played on the floor with the kids and I often heard him tell them that he loved them. I studied the faces and saw my children in each of them.

As we prepare to leave Indiana, I am sad that it will be fewer and farther between when we do get to see the family that entrusted Rya and Roman to us. They will forever be special to us and we will be back for visits.

* The photos above are of (top) Kera, Travis and Kyra with Roman and Rya (middle) Rya and Hope (who was also adopted) and (bottom) Roman and Hope

2 comments:

ariyana9501 said...

:) Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

For some reason I just came upon this again. It brings tears to my eyes to know how big your heart is and how much you genuinely love and appreciate all of God's gifts.